DT990pro/HD558/t50rp mk3
Sep 20, 2016 at 1:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

milisav

New Head-Fier
Hello guys! Even though i hang often on headfi reading all the reviews and new stuff that's coming up I'm not posting much. Part of that is that there is already a ton of information and impressions here so i feel that i have not much more to add. 

like the title says I'm debating on which headphone to purchase? I had the chance to listen to all of them and considering everything (comfort/build quality/sound) i must say that i personally like the hd 558 the most
(i picked 558 over the 598 because of the bass obviously :) ). but still i don't really feel so sure about my choice. i'm planning on using these when i'm out of town with my laptop+fiio q1. the price range is about 150$ as all of those more or less cost. i listen to many different kinds of genres, but i love my bass :) the 558 had imo the flattest sound out of the 3, while the t50 also is more or less flat i liked it's bass more than the 558 but they are not as comfy as im wearing glasses. the dt990pro is kinda odd, has some weird U shape but i dont feel the mids recessed or muffled but kind of distant but still with decent detail. i can narrow the choice down to hd558 adn dt990 maybe because i'll probably in the near future get the mk3 with other pads too or maybe some hifiman.

so if someone who owns some of these models can give me their recent impressions, and if the cans get better with burn in , how does the sound and comfort change. i did read all the other posts but they were kinda outdated so with this im also searching for an alternative if there is any to the above mentioned 3.
the requirements are : over-ear, open/semi-open, comfy, good sound(bang for buck). 
my impressions:
comfort = dt990 > hd558 > t50rp mk3
build quality = t50rpmk3=dt990>hd558
sound :
a.bass = dt990pro>t50rp mk3>hd558
b.mids = hd558>t50rpmk3>dt990pro
c.highs = t50rpmk3>dt990pro>hd558

so as you can see the pain is real :) hope u can give me some more insight. cheers

Sep 21, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #2 of 3
bump. help
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 22, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #3 of 3
DT990 have the most punch and bass out of the headphones listed. Soundstage is good for gaming and have recessed mids however. Although if you're looking for bass, I would look into Fidelio X2's from Philips. Have a lot of bass and soundstage is larger than DT990.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back