DT990 sound better than DT990pro?
May 15, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #16 of 21
OK, I put the VSTPlugins folder in foobar root and then the Electri-Q.dll in there. Is yours the same?

I have LunchboxPro tube amp. It is 200mw@300ohm so can probably drive 600ohm headphones fine.

May 15, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #17 of 21
Actually i wouldnt take too seriously kemar/HATS measurement, they dont have ear canal modeling, also to bring things more intresting theres over 20db differences individually in hrtf+earcanal responses so even one would make "Perfect" headphone it's just perfect for some people.

for more detailed explanations, i suggest reading: www.davidgriesinger.com/
completly unsexy and bit annoying way to present information, but theres LOTS of it regarding headphone listening&past failures in measurement&engineering.

May 15, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I put the VSTPlugins folder in foobar root and then the Electri-Q.dll in there. Is yours the same?

I have LunchboxPro tube amp. It is 200mw@300ohm so can probably drive 600ohm headphones fine.

Yep just in case I've put every single .dll in root and components folder and still doesn't work. How exactly do you open this program btw?

I just click on "Electri-Q Standalone" from start menu. Is this how you do it or is it possible to open this program from foobar?

May 15, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #19 of 21
Ok I finally got it working! I had to select Electri-Q from "Use VST Effect list".

Thanks for your help.

May 15, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, good. You have VST icon loading along with foobar in system tray, right? That's where I go to change the EQ settings.

Yep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back