DT990 Pro on EBay
Aug 3, 2006 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cp8ir

Head-Fier
Does anyone know what the exact differences are between the $155 DT990 Pro sold on EBay or Amazon vs. the $300+ DT990 Pro sold at Headroom or TTVJ? I notice the packaging and headband are different, but what else in the specs is leading to the price difference?

Aug 3, 2006 at 2:21 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by cp8ir
Does anyone know what the exact differences are between the $155 DT990 Pro sold on EBay or Amazon vs. the $300+ DT990 Pro sold at Headroom or TTVJ? I notice the packaging and headband are different, but what else in the specs is leading to the price difference?

Headroom and TTVJ are now selling the new 2005/2006 DT990. These are redesigned from the older version, which is what you are seeing on EBay. Not a lot of people have the new version yet. I have a pair on order. Should arrive in a few weeks.

Aug 3, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #3 of 5
Hmmm, I'm intrigued now. Anyone here knows if there are any difference at all between the older DT990 vs. the new DT990? I thought that Beyers kept the drivers the same, only redesigned the look of the enclosure. If this is really the case, then the old DT990 is really good deal.

Thoughts?

Aug 3, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by sionghchan
Hmmm, I'm intrigued now. Anyone here knows if there are any difference at all between the older DT990 vs. the new DT990? I thought that Beyers kept the drivers the same, only redesigned the look of the enclosure. If this is really the case, then the old DT990 is really good deal.

Thoughts?

From the graphs, the new 990 has a significantly flatter response (though it's still quite smiley face) than the old one. The enclosure seems to have been tweaked significantly, even if the drivers are unchanged.

The 880 also has some improvements in the FR, but those are more subtle. The 770 is much improved.

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:14 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the info. It's been a bit confusing since every vendor seems to have a different photo of the DT990 Pro posted but the same specs, not to mention the price variation. Does anyone specifically prefer the newest model to the older one(s)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back