DT990 Pro + creative sound blaster z
May 2, 2016 at 7:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Kaashoed

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I want to replace my astro a40 + astro mixamp with the DT990 pro which seems like a good choice for me. I will mainly use it for gaming and listening to music on my PC. I am looking at the 250 ohm version. Will the sound blaster z will be enough to power these headphones and give them their full potential so that I don't need an external amp or anything else? I would like to hear your recommendations, as I don't know much about audio.

May 2, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #3 of 4
  Hello,

I want to replace my Astro A40 + Astro mix-amp with the DT990 pro which seems like a good choice for me. I will mainly use it for gaming and listening to music on my PC. I am looking at the 250 ohm version. Will the Sound Blaster Z will be enough to power these headphones and give them their full potential so that I don't need an external amp or anything else? I would like to hear your recommendations, as I don't know much about audio.

The SB-Z's headphone amplifier can easily drive 250-Ohm Beyer headphones.

Unless you have a gaming console, might as well sell off the Mix-amp.

May 2, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #4 of 4
It will drive them just fine.
The 'full potential' thing is sort of an idealization.

Best chances are a quality 1000 dollar setup (DAC/Amp) might be able to make them sound better.
Even then, that's probably not the 'full potential' because you might be able to find something even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back