DT990 Pro 250ohm driver replacement inquiries
Nov 2, 2015 at 2:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mib91

Head-Fier
Hello, I've this Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version that has somehow managed to damage its coil cable of one channel. I used to adore my Beyer quite a much so naturally, the thought of having it repaired and running it again has been crossing my mind for every once in a while.

But even if I intend to replace the driver with a new one, will there be any channel imbalance given the fact that the other stock driver has undergone a couple months of usage already?

Oh, almost forgot to ask another thing. Does anyone has any clue why does Beyer official site doesn't list any replacement driver of DT990 250ohm version for a year if not more? Are there any other reliable online sources to purchase such spare parts?

Nov 2, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #2 of 5
Here's a driver replacement. I've used them before and they measure at 250 ohms just like the originals and sound the same.

http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/176336-Beyerdynamic-952275

Nov 2, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #4 of 5

Appreciating much for such quick response. I can, however, see the link explicitly says its "Driver for Beyer Dynamic DT-770 PRO 250 Ohm headphones." in description section. Aren't DT770 and DT990 come with driver with different specs?

They use the same driver, it is perfectly compatible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back