dt990 helpppppppppppp
Aug 22, 2006 at 6:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Gubretti

100+ Head-Fier
alright its probably an easy fix but..... i just got my dt990s and they are amazing, however when i try to play counter-strike with them they are really really terrible. I run them from my X-FI -> PA2V2 -> DT's , the problem is that in winamp or foobar or really anything else the volume is loud blaring and awesome. When im in that game tho the volume is really low and if i try to turn up the volume via software or hardware or with the amp the sound becomes loud and distorted. I tried to use my a500s with the pa2v2 and that problem does not occur. Any help appreciated.

Aug 22, 2006 at 10:46 AM Post #2 of 4
Imo the PA2v2 is not a good match for a high quality, demanding HP such as the DT-990.

That amp does not do much for my DT-880 and I'll assume a similar performance for the DT-990.

The PA2v2 is geared more for low impedance cans and IEMs.

Aug 22, 2006 at 11:04 AM Post #3 of 4
The a500's are also far far far far easier to drive and don't really need an amp. The newer dt990 needs a decent setup. It shouldn't sound loud and blaring. Highs are high, and lows are low, but it shouldn't hurt you.

Also, this varies from game to game, but have you considered that the game is using a different audio driver, and other such issues? These things have to be setup from game to game. I've been away from Pc's for a while, but it probably has something to do DirectX and other such things. At any rate, the basic idea is that you need to check the settings in the game, and you need to see what your sound card actually supports.

That should help the volume, but you're not getting the sound you should from the dt990. This is like using Hd650s to game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back