DT990 + Bijou = Love!
Apr 27, 2011 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

wdahm519

500+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

I haven't really posted here in a bit, I've been hard at work on my Bijou tube amplifier.  Guess what?  I got it done today!  

I'm sitting here listening to my Technics SL-1300 w/ AT120E hooked up to my Bijou.  I'm definitely in love.  I'll try and post some pictures later or something, but I might just put them in the tube amps pic thread.  

Anyways, just wanted to share the good news.

PS:  Thank you STEVE Z (SteveZ) for helping me get this done.  

Apr 28, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #2 of 3
Which DT990 version do you have? I have the 600 ohm version  and they sound fantastic with my Bijou! My Bijou has the Regal Mods and negative feedback removed. A great combo for sure...
beerchug.gif
 Oh, also using the Sovtek 6N1P's on the input stage, which really open up the sound of this amp.

Apr 28, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #3 of 3
I've got the 250 ohm version.  I'm kind of thinking of upgrading to the 600 ohm but I plan on buying a HD650's in a month or two, so there might not be much point quite yet.  I took a look into the Regal mods.  They seem pretty cool.  Not sure if I'll ever do them though.  It was a PITA just getting this amp to work... haha.  6N1P's would be cool.  That's something a little easier that I could throw in.  I have only 5 tubes so far, and they are in my Bijou.  I need to begin the tube collecton...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back