DT990 Amp Question
Dec 27, 2014 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ineedhelpman

New Head-Fier
Hey all!

Just ordered a pair of DT990 for both gaming on my xbox one and listening to music.

I had a question on how the heck to set this beast up!! **WARNING** Overload of noob questions below

HEADSET
Will this work with the DT990? http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-BoomPro-Gaming-Headset-Headphone/dp/B00BJ17WKK/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1419660213&sr=1-1&keywords=mod+mic

If so, how do I set it up?

If not, can you recommend something that would work?

AMP
I wanted to get an amp with it to really make these sound great. I'm pretty sold on a schiit magni. Is the magni all I need for an xbox one? How do they connect? I have optical audio cables but can't see how that would work. Or do I need a mixamp as well as schiit magni? I'll be wanting to hear the game as well as chat.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 2
That mic is for a headset, you have headphones. 

Before the amp, you will need a surround decoder. Anything that can receiver dts or dolby and spit it out in stereo will work with your headphones. 

BUT

Getting an external mic to work with headphones can be a pain on the XB1. The most recent edition of the Astro Mixamp works, but i've read of problems with that. 

I just suggest a thorough research of what you want to get out of this, how much you're willing to spend etc. It'll take you a few hours. For the record i have an xbox one, them headphones, a mic, a good av receiver and still can't use it with the xbox one correctly. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back