dt880 replacement pads
Dec 21, 2005 at 10:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

whee

Head-Fier
Does anyone know where i can buy these? I found them on the beyer website using the "manufacture", but that is only if you skip past all the headphone customization and then "remove" the headphone from your shopping list. You can then add quantities of spare velour pads, but I'm worried that beyer will ship me the headphone too because on my email it listed the headphones AND the pads but my total cost was 15 eur(cost of pads +shipping) so I'm not sure if I did it right or not.

any suggestions? hints? should I cancel that order and find the pads somewhere else or did I do it right?

Dec 21, 2005 at 11:56 AM Post #2 of 7
Better call them by phone + 49 7131 617 0.
Don't know if they speak english, but they are very friendly.
I was told, that the material for manufacturing the genuine leather pads is not available yet and is expected for january 2006. The leather pads will also be suitable for the "old" DT 880 but a slight change in sound (towards "darker") is expected.

I want to "leather up" my 880, but i'm not sure whether I choose black or nature-colored pad & headband.

so long

Dec 21, 2005 at 2:03 PM Post #4 of 7
I think it would be really interesting to try the new leather pads on the "old" DT880. But maybe I should wait until I get the phones first from Dr. Meier
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2006 at 11:21 PM Post #5 of 7
First off sorry for bumping an old thread, I made this post a long time ago and the manufacture thing did not work, they never shipped me anything. I had to try and order them from beyer US, but after a bad experience with beyerdynamic US, I went and did a bunch of research on replacement pads. Here's some info I complied (for dt880 only).

There are 2 different types of ear pads and 2 different types of headbands, beyer also offers replacement foaming (the stuff covering drivers). The way to distinguish between them is with the order number.

356.409 - dt880 replacement headband (stock 2003 ed.)
426.679 - dt880 replacement earpads (stock - velour 2003 & 2005 ed.)
333.395 - dt880 replacement foaming
407.119 - dt880 replacement earpads (nonstock - black pleather)
340.502 - dt880 replacement headband (stock 2005 ed.)

biggest thing to watch out for is the headband, as ordering the wrong headband will not work with your phones. ordering the wrong earpads isn't so bad, as they will still fit, but the velour pads are much better both in sound and comfort (the pleather seems to restrict the sound and makes an echo-like resonance). I ordered "dt880 headband and earpads" from beyer us without specifying which type, so they sent me the black pleather earpads and the 2005 ed. headband. my own mistake, but from what i've seen the only place in the US to get ahold of these replacement parts is directly from beyerdynamic. I've seen -many- uk/eu sites offer these replacement parts, but they always charge ~25 euro for shipping to the states. I'm gonna call beyer US again when their representative comes back (he's often away or gone its puzzling) and hope they still have the old model's replacements in stock, if not i'll have to bite my tongue and maybe do a bulk order from the UK to hold off on shipping costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back