DT770s: Right cup vibration?
Jul 29, 2006 at 8:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Kaluminati

Head-Fier
I have some brand new DT770pro/80s I've been burning in. On some songs with somewhat of a strong bass kick, the right cup has a little vibration noise, like something is loose. This can't be good. Is there a way for me to take off the cup to check it out?

Jul 29, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Discobiscuits
when u press it against ur ear, does it get rid of it? cuz mine does that, too. It's weird.

No it doesn't. Upon further testing I've discovered that it is very few songs that cause the distortion, only in the right cup. Songs with very low bass. Bad driver? Or could it be that my amp is the problem? It's a $50 cmoy, so it's not much of an improvement from my soundcard alone.

Actually tried it without the amp, still does the same thing.

Jul 29, 2006 at 11:47 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaluminati
Hmmm, if I sort of squeeze the cup, it goes away. Again, is there anyone who can tell me how to take the cup off if there is any easy way to do that?

Pull off the pads, then insert a flathead screwdriver or knife in between the visible edge. There should be a bit wider part. Wiggle around a bit and the center driver protection should pop out.

I haven't heard mine rattle, even with very deep bass lines.

Jul 30, 2006 at 1:21 AM Post #7 of 9
No doubt that the DT770's should NOT do this. Mine never have. If you shake the cans does anything rattle?

I have oftene heard that bass distortion can be caused by a hair or debris on the driver, so maybe open them up and see if everything is clean.

Aug 1, 2006 at 5:40 AM Post #9 of 9
Nevermind... dumb question

edit: question was how to remove the cups without breaking them (new to the whole we don't use sticky goo to keep our comfy pads on scene)

but yeah, I had a small amount of shaggy long hair (My hair is now only an inch or two long now, before it was like 5 inches)

Now the bass is very clean.... <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back