dt770's for me?
Feb 27, 2007 at 1:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

DrkRipper

100+ Head-Fier
Hey,
I've been hanging around for a while, but this is my first post. I have some Grado sr80s, but the leaking sound is starting to bother my roommates (guess not everybody is a metalhead
smily_headphones1.gif
) So I am looking to trade the Grados for some closed headphones. I really like the sound of the Grado's for music even though I don't have an amp (which I would be planning on getting with dt770s), but they are a little lacking in the gaming and movie department. I know the dt770's are often recommended for gaming and movies, but will I be disappointed in the Beyer's while I am listening music?
-DrkRipper

Feb 27, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #2 of 9
They make pretty good metal headphones, and should have more bass than those Grados. Audio-Technia ATH-A700s are good, too.

Feb 27, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #3 of 9
DT770 are kind of slow with too much bass, AT A900 are better cans overall. quicker & tighter bass, better detail, better soundstage, better comfort. You want some speed for metal.

Feb 27, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #4 of 9
Not having any issues here with my DT770s and metal. Especially after I threw some pink noise on them for about 8-9 hours. Opened them up and tighten up the bass a touch. It's nice. Examples of what I listen to: Dream Theater, In Flames, Soilwork, Rage, DevilDriver, Evergrey. They all sound pretty damn good on the DT770s.

Feb 27, 2007 at 4:43 AM Post #5 of 9
I returned my 770s last week because they were too slow and on bass heavy tracks, the mids were totally buried. I did really enjoy them when a song wasn't bass heavy or too fast.

Feb 27, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrkRipper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I'll try some A900's if I can find a good deal on them. It would be good to not have to buy an amp. Thanks for the quick replys.

I do not know the person or have any connection with them, but I just saw some in the FS forum at a good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back