dt770pro issue - taking back need suggestions.
Dec 22, 2005 at 9:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

koop

Head-Fier
fOk well, after 4 days of use ive decided to take these back to my local guitar center. Reason being is they have waaaay to much bass for my liking. Primary use is gaming, but alot of music as well. I really enjoyed them for music but when it came to gaming it was another story. I found myself annoyed at the bass from shooting guns or even taking steps.

another thing that bothered me is the performance in voice com programs (ie ventrilo). The voice from my teamates would produce way to much bass and it was just headaching.

im at a loss. i wanted closed headphones at first because i figured i wanted isolation, but these had a little bit more isolation than i was expecting. Im comming from mdr-v600s which are closed but didnt have nearly as much isolation. maybe some open aired wouldnt be all that bad.

for example, the hd555s (or any open headphone for that matter) how open are they really? i dont need alot of isolation but i also dont wanna put the headphones on and hear everything just as i would with them off. Im really looking at the 55s despite the mixed reviews ive read.. im kinda leaning toward open aired actually. my price range is under 200, and i wanna use them unamped.

an input is appreciated.

Dec 22, 2005 at 7:20 PM Post #2 of 2
I play unreal with my HD580... its my most neutral can. Sometimes I use my K240s. The bass bloat on the AKG is fun, but IMHO not as excessive as the DT770.

maybe you could record some of your games and bring your MP3 player into guitar center for a little demo? They sell the AKGs there.

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back