Modded my friend's DT770 with blutak + recabled with cryo treated Mogami:
1.5 packets of bluetak used, recabled with cryo treated mogami:
770a.jpg

770c.jpg

770b.jpg

770e.jpg

770h.jpg

770d.jpg

sh1t loads of bass, even when driven with my ipod alone! The blutak damping works like a charm, the cups no longer resonate and the bass is deeper than stock. Man I love the DT770, it has decent highs and bass, slightly colored mid range....maybe I should fill it up with polyfill to tighten up the mids next.

btw, don't ask me how I made the y-split....it's trade secret and I'm not sharing, sorry :p

Apr 22, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #2 of 5
There's got to be an easier way than bluetak.

You can get sheets of what's basically tar at any hardware store - it's used for sealing roof flashing but afficionados of late 60's / early 70's trucks line the insides of truck doors with it to turn the *WHANG* of a slammed door to more of a *Clunk*

Basically Dynamat without the snakeoil and pricetag.

Apr 22, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
btw, don't ask me how I made the y-split....it's trade secret and I'm not sharing, sorry :p

Just looks like a 3.5mm plug barrel covered in shrink tube. Lots of people use that 'secret'. An alternate method is a short piece of thick vinyl tube.

Nice work by the way. I still plan to pick up a 32ohm DT770's at some point, hopefully some US sources will get them in another year or so...

Apr 23, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #4 of 5
this is the second time I've heard people telling me that it's a barrel
biggrin.gif
sorry, its not...I wont waste a plug just to make the split look nicer, besides, it is alot thicker than a 3.5mm or 1/4" plug, but also not as long as a 1/4" plug....
tongue.gif
It's also not a pvc tube but that'd be the next best thing to do!

The phone is freaking awesome, I'd definitely pick one up myself some time later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back