DT770 Problem
Dec 19, 2015 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Nekrosov

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

I've got a DT770 recently and I really like its sound. but I have an annoying problem. It puts so much air pressure on my ears and it is like filling my ears with a mass.

1- Is it possible to make DT770 more ear-friendly with less air pressure?
2- I have a mild tinnitus. Is there any risk that the above-mentioned air pressure issue make my tinnitus worse & more severe?

Thanks in advance

Dec 20, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #2 of 5
Any idea?

Dec 21, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #3 of 5
The pressure you feel is probably because of the bass and the volume you are listening to. Stick something in between the pads and your skin to break the air seal, and the pressure should probably go away. Of course you will lose some bass emphasis. The point is to observe if that solves your problem. If it does, you probably need less bassy headphones.

You need to ask your doctor about tinnitus issues.

Dec 21, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #4 of 5
You have the 32 ohm version, right? Does anyone think that switching to the velours could reduce the pressure? Maybe you'd lose some isolation and bass response, but you would still be able to use the same headphones. Replacement Beyerdynamic pads can be a little expensive, though. Personally, just to be on the safe side, I would avoid closed heaphones, V-shaped sound signatures, or anything louder than low volumes if air pressure or tinnitus were concerns.

Dec 21, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #5 of 5
@cel4145 & @GaijinMo

Thank you for your help.

I try cel4145 solution and if it doesn't help, I sell my DT770 and buy an open and less v-shaped headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back