DT770(Pro) or ATH-A700? (or other?)
Sep 8, 2006 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

xelion

Head-Fier
I'm looking for some good cans at about the 150 dollar range.

I want a good soundstage, bass, treble, and mids. Just the best all around can.

I'm also planning on getting an amp, either a Cmoy, or a Pint if I have enough money.

Also, what(if any) is the difference between the DT770 and the DT770 Pro?

edit: Guess I forgot to say what I wanted to listen to with them. I listen to mainly rock, metal, and classic rock. Also some video game music, trance, and just random stuff I like. I'll probably also use them to play Counter Strike and such at night.

Are the DT990 better than the 770? They are like the same price from the B&H store, so just wondering...

Sep 9, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by xelion
I'm looking for some good cans at about the 150 dollar range.

I want a good soundstage, bass, treble, and mids. Just the best all around can.

I'm also planning on getting an amp, either a Cmoy, or a Pint if I have enough money.

Also, what(if any) is the difference between the DT770 and the DT770 Pro?

edit: Guess I forgot to say what I wanted to listen to with them. I listen to mainly rock, metal, and classic rock. Also some video game music, trance, and just random stuff I like. I'll probably also use them to play Counter Strike and such at night.

Are the DT990 better than the 770? They are like the same price from the B&H store, so just wondering...

You wont get good mids out of the ATH-A700s, I'll tell you that much.

Sep 9, 2006 at 1:42 AM Post #3 of 3
If you want mids then wipe the DT770 out of your mind right now. The A700 is better in this area but I think the AD700 fits your needs even better.

Check out the frequency response for AD700. Bass mids and treble is all there.

ath-ad700_f.gif

If you can though, get the DT990 as it's better than both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back