DT770 PRO Go on last page->
Apr 20, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #46 of 62
If I knew you are from Quebec I wouldn't have helped. J/K
wink.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #49 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by jageur272 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree that the DT770 would be perfect. The 80 ohm version just to clarify. These actually see a lot of use in studios. Except in a 250 or 600 ohm version.

I've been lurking over at a studio people's forum and it seems their headphones of choice for in the studio are mostly DT250, ATH M-50 and Sony 7509. M-50 is getting the most love lately.

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #50 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been lurking over at a studio people's forum and it seems their headphones of choice for in the studio are mostly DT250, ATH M-50 and Sony 7509. M-50 is getting the most love lately.

Not that I'm saying that you're wrong, but in the past month, 2/3 of the studios that I went to gave the artists DT770's as monitors while playing.

Apr 22, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #53 of 62
Wow !!! That is crazy !!! Thanks alot for warning me, I will keep a lookout for a better deal, but if you know any place other than ebay, please let me know.

* Edit. I hope I aint looking for once in a lifetime increadibly slim chanced deal here, because I looked all over and all the prices I found are not even close to ebay's. I guess times have changed and these DT's are more appreciated now than before or maybe you saw these so cheap during the hardcore US currency chrisis?

Apr 22, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #54 of 62
Apr 23, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #56 of 62
I saw them but disregarded them. Even though the other guy's shipping seemed fishy, at least he stated they were new and he accepted returns. This guy says that they are used with no warranty and he accepts no returns. Also weird how he says he got more than 10 of these. One more very importan thing, they got leather pads. I am not picky, but I hate the feelins of leather on my ears.

Thanks for the lookout though. I guess Im gonna have to go with the expensive ones I found earlier then eat sardines with potatoes for the next month.

Apr 23, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #57 of 62
This is Beyerdynamic themself. I really doubt that they would sell them if they were broken. I don't think they would break within the 2 years anyways, so the warranty probably would not be needed. The only likely thing that would break is the cable, which is easy to replace. The velour pads are about $20 additional though.

@jageur272.
I noted that customs and shipping would make it end up being cheaper still.

Apr 23, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #58 of 62
Last question. What are the hidden and other fees that I am not realizing ? Customs ... I know nothing about this. Never bought nothing from US, plus never used ebay. IF I was to buy headphones for 200$ CAD shipped. What is the total extra $ I guess there is taxes too + a bunch of other things.

I wan't to see if I am able to scramble up what I must in reality.

Even though I did not comment on some posts and made it seem like I did not hear some of the replys, I read everything and took it all in consideration, all the information was real good. Thank you very much guys, ALL of you. Nothing but love for little blaster on this forum
smily_headphones1.gif
Head-fi is the best !!!

Apr 23, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #59 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by blaster18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This guy says that they are used with no warranty and he accepts no returns. Also weird how he says he got more than 10 of these.

They probably fell off the back of a truck.

Apr 23, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #60 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by blaster18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last question. What are the hidden and other fees that I am not realizing ? Customs ... I know nothing about this. Never bought nothing from US, plus never used ebay. IF I was to buy headphones for 200$ CAD shipped. What is the total extra $ I guess there is taxes too + a bunch of other things.

Depends who they ship with and the declared value. Best to find a company that uses USPS if you want to avoid brokerage fees. If they use someone like UPS avoid them because that company is notorious for charging a brokerage fee. Then you will have to pay GST on top too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back