DT770 PRO Go on last page->
Apr 19, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #16 of 62
I'd recommend Panasonic RP-HTX7s if they weren't so uncontrolled, but they certainly go low enough for most needs. If you're interested, check audio cubes.

Apr 19, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #17 of 62
For $50 you don't that much variety of choice for excellent bass for headphones at least. RX700 already been mentioned.

X3 for the Subwoofer strapped to your head. Why is this suggestion so awesome? Because Headphone Drivers are made to play all frequencies of sound from a single driver and bass is rarely the focus of good headphones, but mids/treble.

If you are just looking for pure bass, yes place subwoofers on a stand/shelf, one by each ear, and you are done. Just don't blast it so the rest of the apartment hears you.

If you wanted to spend more money, I'd recommend doing some research on the Beyerdynamic DT770 and Ultrasone Headphones like the 550/650/750 Pro.

Apr 19, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #20 of 62
If your looking for alot of bass impact and dont care about the rest of the sound as much, you can get it very cheap. The Coby CV-200 has some serious ear-shaking power. They can take huge amounts of bass boost at a high volume. Best part is they are $10.

Apr 19, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #21 of 62
FWIR the SR 60s aint gonna have that kind of bass.

I recommend getting a set of koss sparkplugs and putting duct tape over the back. All the bass one could ever want right there, and only 12$ online.

Apr 19, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #22 of 62
I got some earphones don't need more, I just need headphones. Eyedrop, I need a little bit of comfort. My ears hurt just from looking at those headphones you suggested.

MBD2884, I already looked into all those nice type of headphones, they are too nice. It's not that I am a cheap-o man it's just that I can not afford em now. In a few years im definetely getting the real stuff. For now I must purchase something under 100$ used or new I don't care.

Apr 19, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #23 of 62
built in subwoofer ...
redface.gif

if you want to create beats with a lot of bass, one thing you don't want is bass-heavy headphones, as your mixes will come out with less bass than you hear them... unless you don't care about quality and just crank it up to unlistenable levels for yourself...

anyway, save a month, maybe two, and get a decent headphone for mixing your stuff.

Apr 19, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #24 of 62
I tried those skullcandys before they are not good on the true deep bass I create. Oh no man you are wrong my mixes will come out sick I know it. I just need headphones that can pick up the low freq that my subs can. I dont need them to create head pounding bass. I just want to be able to hear that damn bass. I tried 7 high quality low budget headphones and none of them showed any sign of the note I was hitting but when I turn on my subs they go crazy on that note like heart pounding breath taking. Back to earphones, not a sign of ANY bass.

Apr 19, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #25 of 62
Well you wouldn't hear it if your bass is that low. What frequency are you going to? Anything below 40hz is going to be ranging from faint to inaudible. Your equipment might not be going low enough either; my iPod for example goes to 20 hz and my headphones (the Panasonics I mentioned) go to 7 hz.

Apr 19, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #26 of 62
I am using M Audio Profire 610, fresh product crystal clear sound trust me it is not the problem just please keep listing models.

I wouldnt be able to tell you my freq range but I am guessing it is 29-80hz

Apr 19, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #27 of 62
I tried the entire line of new Sony XB headphones at the local Sonystyle store yesterday for about 45min. The sales associate was kind enough to let me hook my D2 up to them so that I could judge what they sounded like with my own music. I can strongly suggest the XB-300 for your needs if all you really care about is bass. The highs were somewhat recessed but it delivers some of the strongest bass in cans that I have heard from an un-amped portable source in its price range ($50). It seemed to deliver more bass from the D2 than its bigger brothers in the line up and it was ultra comfy! I would definitly recomend them over the PortaPro's. I would have bought a pair but I found a even bassier headphone for a lot more money that I am going to have to save for. I hope this info was somewhat helpful to you
dt880smile.png

Apr 19, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #28 of 62
I am very surprised you found them comfy.

"It seemed to deliver more bass from the D2 than its bigger brothers in the line up"

Your review is very different than what I heard in the past about these, but I take your word for it, I am truelly amazed.

Even though my theory is, if it's not enough bass for you then it's definetely not enough bass for me; you changed my view on them and I am taking these cans into great consideration now. Thanks.

Apr 19, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #29 of 62
I was surprised how comfortable they were as well because they didn't look like they would be from the pictures I had saw of them online. You really would be hard pressed to beat them in the bass department for the money. I'm not saying they didn't have enough bass, I'm just saying I found cans with even more but they are 6x the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back