DT770 pro 80 vs. ATH-A700
Mar 27, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #2 of 9
Hey, you may want to read the thread I'd started some time ago. Here it is:

akg-k-272hd-vs-ultrasone-proline-650-vs-beyer-770-pro-80

While doing my market research I found A700 in one of the stores. And they were brilliant! I mean it, sound was very open (a700 are closed cans but ppl say they provide no isolation), bass was great and at the same time the sound stayed rather bright. The problem was they were connected to some fancy headphone amp so there's no way for me to say who did most of the work, maybe my DT would sound similar with that amp. A700 are far more fragile than DT770Pro, and they have a very delicate squeeze on the head. I didn't like that (was very comfy when I stood still out there just listing to them, though) and I needed the isolation DT770Pro provide. DT sound a bit darker, but they are also great. I ve heard like 5-6 cans (AKG, Beyers, Ultrasone, AudioTechnica, Denon), all closed, all <100Ohms and all in the same price range. I've chosen the Beyers because:

- sound was in the top 1-3 (or even 1-2, they all sound a bit different, no way of saying what is really better)
- they are very well-build, far better than AT imho. Beyer's looks are also superior for me (only hd600/650 can match)
- isolation

Good hunting!

Mar 27, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kRze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had experience with the DT700 and the A700. I wanted to know which cans would be better bass wise. I was looking into a pair of Dt700. Thanks!

Oh, I didn't notice. You meant Dt 770 Pro, right? Cause if there was something like dt700 then I'd never heard them and my previous post should be ignored;P

Mar 27, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by marcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, I didn't notice. You meant Dt 770 Pro, right? Cause if there was something like dt700 then I'd never heard them and my previous post should be ignored;P

Yes the DT770 pro 80. Thanks for your input, ill look into the thread. I have the A700, and the bass is okay with proper EQ, but I just want more bass so Im looking into the DT700.

Mar 27, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #5 of 9
Never heard of the DT700 pro 80, You sure you don't mean DT770Pro 80ohm?
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #6 of 9
I haven't heard the A700s, but I do know that the DT770 Pro/80s have extremely high quality bass. There is no trace of distortion whatsoever. I have a great deal of experience with acoustic bass (I was in the orchestra), and with a well recorded bass solo, these sound just like hearing the real thing in person.

Mar 27, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kRze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes thanks.

Thanks for the info intoart.

Just a warning for you. Intoart is known to be very bias and he considers his beyers to be superior than almost anything. He would call people stupid and a liar if anyone disagrees with his opinion that he states as facts.
wink.gif

Note: His views on the performance of headphones are almost the complete opposite of everybody.

Mar 27, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a warning for you. Intoart is known to be very bias and he considers his beyers to be superior than almost anything. He would call people stupid and a liar if anyone disagrees with his opinion that he states as facts.
wink.gif

Note: His views on the performance of headphones are almost the complete opposite of everybody.

haha, thanks. Just no flame war plz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back