DT770 Pro 80 Ohm - Information on modifications, including the blue tac/cotton wool mod please.
Jan 5, 2009 at 10:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Exit Pupil

100+ Head-Fier
I'm finding it a bit tricky to find the threads with these mods on them. any links or fresh info re these or any other DIY low cost mods would be great.

i've coated a large portion of each inner cup wall with blue tac, pushed on at about the thickness it comes out of the blue tac wrapper. i also put a ring of tac onto the back of the little inner white plastic frame (the back of the driver frame itself, with the filtered hole in the middle left untouched). i've left the larger circle of white poly strip stuff in place around the black plastic pins. the pins now push a bit into the tac when closed. its obvious that the cups now sound 'dead' when flicked on the back with a finger.

So, where do people shove the cotton wool?

i have clearly noticed a drop in resonance at lower to mid freq (this can sometimes reduce the perceived soundstage, so i have my eye on this). i'm still enjoying the unmatched 'thug bass' of these cans, but soundwise, i'm now attempting to drape this charming thug of a headphone in a Savile Row suit
smily_headphones1.gif

cheers all

Jan 5, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #4 of 4
That sounds like an awful lot of bluetak. An amount that would considerably decrease the volume of air in the cup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back