DT770 headband replacement options?
May 11, 2022 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

atarione

500+ Head-Fier
My decade plus old DT770 Pro 80s had gotten into a bit a state ... the earpads and headband cushion were rather well past their best by date indeed. Ordered new earpads (beyer $40~ ouch.. but whatever..) however beyer seems to be out of stock of the headband cushion, as such I picked a $10~ random replacement cover from amazon... It arrived and the headphones are much more comfortable indeed now with new pads and cushion rather than near totally deteriorated earpads and headband cover. .. And all could be well (probably is ~close enough) however random chinese cushion has a rather annoying avoidable design short coming that apparently they just don't care about it would seem... they put the snaps in the wrong place vs the authentic beyer cover the 1st and last snap on the beyer are set right at the outer edge of the cushion wereas it is inboard slightly on the copy making the cushion flare out a bit by the sliders... which looks rather studid... How hard would it be china copy guys to put the snap in the right place?? looking around for other AM cushions so far most everythign seems to have this same design flaw did see the dekoni replacement cover but the reviews seem "mixed" as to if it is lacking comfort?

Anyone have the Dekoni headband cover or a different AM cushion that doesn't have the snaps in the wrong place for no apparent reason?

My revived enough to be usable DT770's (notice cushion flaring out by the sliders.. kinda hate it... again beyer shows outta stock on this

cushion2.png

Dekoni

1652245506366.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back