DT770 arrived - but :(
Nov 8, 2001 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

fbleagh

Head-Fier
I finally received my DT770's (250 ohm).
But the 6mm adapter seems to be stuck to the 3.5mm plug.

I cant get it off. is it supposed to be stuck on ?

I'm a bit dubious of using pliers on it.

any ideas

Nov 8, 2001 at 12:57 AM Post #2 of 9
HA
HA

dont worry about it
smily_headphones1.gif
found some multigrips and got it off.
there must have been some little plastic ring in there that got stuck in the thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2001 at 1:29 AM Post #3 of 9
So how does it sound? I know it's probably not burned in yet, but I always like hearing first impressions...

Nov 8, 2001 at 1:45 AM Post #4 of 9
fbleagh,

Please post a review or first impressions, i plan on buying a pair of 770's soon. Thanks!

George

Nov 8, 2001 at 1:48 AM Post #5 of 9
NO! DON'T PULL IT OFF!
eek.gif

Many headphones, including beyers and AKG's, have 1/4" adapters that SCREW on. so UNSCREW it!

Nov 8, 2001 at 2:26 AM Post #7 of 9
Its ok neruda
smily_headphones1.gif
im not a complete idiot ( subject to popular opinion )

i guessed that it was a screw on, and it came off.
But there was a piece of plastic stuck in the thread itself which acted like a locknut.

any ways.

The sound out of these things is quite good.

darkness is comparable to my senn 580's

The imaging in quite good, not as expansive as the 580's but a heck of alot better than my Ex70's

The comfort level when wearing them is quite good, my ears got a little warm but that could be the environment here at work ( its too warm in here for me ).

driving these things is intersting , my TA drives them fairly well but could do with a bit more grunt. I will give them a burl on my MG Head when i get home
smily_headphones1.gif

I will do a bit more listening to night on both amps and do a bit of AB with my senn's. I dont have my test albums here as i wasn't expecting these till tomorrow.

Nov 8, 2001 at 3:17 AM Post #8 of 9
I cant wait for your comparison with the 580's!

George

Nov 8, 2001 at 5:06 PM Post #9 of 9
Actually I didn't know about screw-on for a long time. It looked to me like it was glued on and I tried to pull but it never came off. That was on DT-931. I used it for half a year with converter if I needed to use it on the go. Then I got DT-990 and there in the parts list it mentioned that a converter is supplied - but it looked exactly the same as DT-931 and there was nothing else in the box. So I tried to unscrew... and found both headphones jacks can be unscrewed. D'oh! Oh well. You live and learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back