DT770-80's to DT880's - what can I expect?
Jun 16, 2005 at 7:44 PM Post #32 of 35
the dt880 sound nice and refined right out of the box... 'though they'll get even a little better over time. at least that's my experience...

Jun 16, 2005 at 11:32 PM Post #33 of 35
Plamons, I had a bad experience with Headroom, things are not like it used to be in the old days with Todd. I ordered a pair yesteday with Trevor, I asked him to go and check if they had them in stock, he put me on hold for a while and he said yes, that he would ship them yesterday, next day delivery. Well, I wrote the the post stating that the Beyers were on the way, and 15 minutes later I just got a cold email, saying, "sorry,we ran out of the DT880s, do you still want them? . I replied expressing how upset I was for this situation, feeling that they just sold them to someone else, and they just disresgarded my message. Excellent customer service, specially if your customers are like us, crazy about this hobby. Then I called Todd, and he was out of them as well. Lucky you, please post your impressions as soon as you get them. What amp is going to drive them?
By the way, I just ordered the Power Supply for my Xp7 from Ray, it will take about one week to ship it. I also found a pretty good deal in a pair 0.5 meter Monster M850i interconnects, they were $ 70 and I found them for 50 dollars. Considering that I was thinking in getting a pair of interconnects for 40 bucks, $50 was within my budget. I hope that at least I will be able to hear the difference compared to the cheapos that I have.

Jun 17, 2005 at 12:07 AM Post #34 of 35
I'm sorry you had issues with Headroom. I had ordered mine from Todd and there was no indication that they were out of stock when I ordered them. I don't mind waiting for them, but I hope they are up-front about their status.

Right now I have a pimeta, but I'll be looking to go with an M3 or a Gilmore in the near future.

Paxton

Jun 17, 2005 at 4:20 PM Post #35 of 35
Plamons, Todd told me he was out of them. Just in case, I just found them cheaper here and in stock so I could not help myself:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=124107

By the way, I just got an email from Headroom apologizing. No hard feelings....
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back