dt770/80 or 32
Feb 23, 2007 at 3:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Transcend

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone. My old headphones broke and I am looking for new ones. I have read alot and have come to the decision that I want dt770's, but I donot know if i should get the 80 ohms or the 32. I have a laptop that my school gave me, but the sound card came with the laptop (it's probably a cheap one) and I do not know if it will support 80 ohms. I think it will support it, but I still wonder whether, in my situation, the 32 ohms would perform better. I do not wish to buy an amp, but I do want the best quality out of two. Thanks guys.

Feb 23, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #2 of 4
Built-in laptop sound sucks really bad. Get yourself either a decent USB sound card or one of these.

If you are not even going to consider getting an amp, then the 32 Ohms are going to drive better.

Feb 23, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #4 of 4
They're driven on a mediocre level out of my sound card on my desktop. On a laptop, I would imagine you would have about the same amount of power if not less. The reason why I got the 80s (besides the fact that I got them off eBay for $153 shipped) is because I eventually plan on getting an amp for home use. You mentioned that you weren't even considering an amp down the road. So therefore the 32ohm model will suit your needs better as you don't have to amp them to get their full potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back