DT150 Amp?
Dec 4, 2008 at 10:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

imp0ssibled

100+ Head-Fier
hi, wanna ask which is a good 'budget' amp for the Beyerdynamic DT150 which is 250ohms, i was looking at a few namely the LittleDot MKIII, Meier Corda Arietta and Darkvoice DV336SE, or are there other good but not too expensive choices for the DT150 too? thx

Dec 4, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #2 of 7
Hi Impossible. My DT150's got here yesterday. I am burning them in and sneaking some listening in at the same time, mine are currently mated with a little BSG custom and are driven nicely. I am seriously considering a home amp for these as well, but i have NO complaints with the BSG portable. I have a feeling i will keep this cans for life so i'm definitely going to consider some serious upgrades. I just can't help but think at 250 ohm impedance i'm no where near these things potential with the port amp.

Dec 4, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #3 of 7
Hey guys, I just got the DT150 about a week ago and am running them off a HotUSB amp. They sound really good to me, but I dont have experience with any other amps and also feel that these phones might need a little more I've been looking mainly at the Head-Direct EF-1 or the Millet Starving Student that is sold by Whiplash Audio.

I guess that not very many people own the DT150, so there aren't gonna be many suggestions. So far I slightly favor the Millet, as it is cheap and supposedly good with all kinds of headphones, but I would like to get somebody else's opinion on this as well.

Dec 5, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #5 of 7
thx for all the inputs so far guys, i guess not that many headfiers have or tried the dt150 b4, but i wonder would the dt150 have similar amping qualities like the dt770pro 250ohms or other beyers etc too, so using amps suitable for them will be just as good for the dt150 too?

Dec 5, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #6 of 7
I think my DT150 sounds great with my iBasso D3. I know this is just a portable, but it sounds good enough that I'm not considering an upgrade any time soon.

Dec 5, 2008 at 11:09 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i gave up looking for amps for DT150. now im saving up for the beyer A1.

wow that is a 4 digit price man~ but it sure its great for beyer headphones

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhirnigs113 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think my DT150 sounds great with my iBasso D3. I know this is just a portable, but it sounds good enough that I'm not considering an upgrade any time soon.

oic, but have u also tried the dt150 with other headamps too, and compared the sound with the D3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back