dt1350 vs. m80
Aug 16, 2012 at 12:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

2pacalypse33

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Has anyone compared the v-moda m80 to the dt1350. I am looking for another headphone in this range. I recently tried the ath-m50 but came away relatively unimpressed. I am used to the ath es10 so that may have been a big step down. I am looking for something a little smaller that isolates better and doesn’t leak too much sound. I have tried the dt1350 and was pretty impressed. I have not tried the m80 and was just wondering what people thought in comparison. The only problem with the dt1350 was the fit which messed up the bass for me.

Anyway, in terms of isolation, comfort, sound, how do you guys think the m80 stacks up to the dt1350??

Thanks!!

Aug 16, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #2 of 5
I tested the DT1350, M80, and Senn. HD-25-1 ii all in one session.  The DT1350 sounded the most neutral and had definite sound benefits over the others.  The DT1350 had a slightly stronger midrange and a much smoother low end than the other two.  The HD-25-1 ii sounded quite close to the M80, but the M80 has a bit more clarity in mids and a tad more treble.

Here are two graphs overlapped comparing the DT1350 to the HD-25-1.
http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=3881&graphID[]=513

Here is the M80:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VModaM80.pdf

It was fun going from the one headphone to the next.  The progression was pretty obvious.

The DT1350 was at the top, the M80 holding second place, and the HD-25-1 ii third.  They are all great and they all have their place and price points, but if you budget allows the DT1350 is worth it!

Sep 6, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #4 of 5
I was in your position a few months back and choise the M80. I believe the 1350 has a  better neutral sound that understandably appeals to most audiophiles but I knew I wanted something with a more exciting sound sig , especially regarding bass. I have never been happy with the sound of true audiophile systems because they lack a good kick to the bass. Perhaps due to their general music preferances. I like mostly metal with some classic rock and electronica, and wanted something that had great sound  with a good bass.The M80 delivers while not drowning the rest of the sound in bass. If you like strong treble with shimmering cymbals look elsewhere. Im happy because my ears are sensitive to brightness and my ears will shrill with too much treble but others will feel it lacks clarity. Price wise there was a good size differance and I can speak for the M80's build quality and looks if thats important, its very durable. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back