dt 990 600ohm, and amp (gaming)
Nov 28, 2017 at 4:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

joasjoas

New Head-Fier
I have been reading several post, but I have not yet reached conclusion.
My use is for gaming, I have a xonar dgx, game to all kinds of games, lately fps, wow, lol, etc ...
At first my idea was FX Hi-Fi X6, but I do not know if this is the right thing to do, or just look for an amplifier and use my sound card from dac, help :)

Nov 28, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #2 of 6
Do you mean FX-Audio DAC X6?
If so, then this product may not be able to drive your 600 ohm DT990, according to the reviewers on this thread.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fx-audio-dac-x6-initial-impressions.815593/

I'd suggest trying your DT990 with your existing Xonar DGX sound card and see if it is to you taste.

If you're still wanting a DAC/amp then it might be best to look for those where the reviewers are happy that it drives their 600ohm headphones.

Nov 28, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #4 of 6
Do you mean FX-Audio DAC X6?
If so, then this product may not be able to drive your 600 ohm DT990, according to the reviewers on this thread.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fx-audio-dac-x6-initial-impressions.815593/

I'd suggest trying your DT990 with your existing Xonar DGX sound card and see if it is to you taste.

If you're still wanting a DAC/amp then it might be best to look for those where the reviewers are happy that it drives their 600ohm headphones.

If the FX-Audio DAC X6, the sound card will not be able to move 600 ohm, can not move well or the 250 ohm as I read.
I also had the little dot mk2 in mind, but I do not know if it's going well for 600 ohm and if it's good for gaming.
If anyone uses 600 ohm and has experience with some amp

Nov 28, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #5 of 6
I have been reading several post, but I have not yet reached conclusion.
My use is for gaming, I have a xonar dgx, game to all kinds of games, lately fps, wow, lol, etc ...
At first my idea was FX Hi-Fi X6, but I do not know if this is the right thing to do, or just look for an amplifier and use my sound card from dac, help :)

How much are you willing to budget?
Maybe get a Schiit Magni or O2 (Objective 2) headphone amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back