DT-880 vs. CD3000
Feb 18, 2003 at 4:15 AM Post #31 of 128
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
SE, are you mad? are you and Matt smoking the same stuff? man, I would think that you're in headphone heaven with your setup. if you and Matt do it, there's no hope for the rest of us.

Actually, I would only do this [size=medium]IF[/size], and that's a big if for a reason, it sounded much better than the RKV and Sony CD3K. I am not sure it gets any better than what I've already got, but it can't hurt to listen to other systems. Can it? That is as long as they cost less than what I currently own and can sell. If it does sound better, I can sell what I have and upgrade for little to no money. You gotta love that proposition. I do.

Feb 18, 2003 at 4:17 AM Post #32 of 128
SE, Quote:

it can't hurt to listen to other systems

Isn't that how we all get into trouble?
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2003 at 4:20 AM Post #33 of 128
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
SE, Isn't that how we all get into trouble?
biggrin.gif

Broke yes, not hurt!
wink.gif

Feb 18, 2003 at 5:30 AM Post #34 of 128
Joe,
Had my driveway not been covered with 5 foot high snow drifts, and I had read the thread earlier today, I would have gladly battled the blizzard to help you shovel, in exchange for a chance to audition your headphone collection. I'm jealous but we're probably equally exhausted!
Bobes

Feb 18, 2003 at 5:42 AM Post #35 of 128
Quote:

Originally posted by Bobes
Joe,
Had my driveway not been covered with 5 foot high snow drifts, and I had read the thread earlier today, I would have gladly battled the blizzard to help you shovel, in exchange for a chance to audition your headphone collection. I'm jealous but we're probably equally exhausted!
Bobes

LOL......joe now you got four extra arms, I gladly offer mine too, for the next blizzard, just let me hear the RKV with your CD3000 for half an hour as a payment!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2003 at 7:57 AM Post #37 of 128
yhmzzz,

i guess we can expect to see your HP910 in the for sale section soon then.
biggrin.gif
don't get rid of them until after you've done a complete review comparing the two. please.

Feb 18, 2003 at 9:24 AM Post #38 of 128
Quote:

Originally posted by Uncledan
I agree, CD3000 is so comforable (5 out of 5) and it provides BASS (5 out of 5). The bass that other headphone can not given.

Wit the slight exception that you can't really be lying down to wear the CD3000s... they just sorta .. slip off the head.. it's slightly annoying at times... [like if you're lying on the floor with no pillow to hold the cans up...]

Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Sadly it seems that the only step I can take from here is that of electrostatics. I have seriously considered selling the RKV, Impedancer, and Sony CD3Ks to get that Stax 4040 system, but without a decent audition will never happen.

I get dibs on the RKV/Impedancer!

Feb 18, 2003 at 3:54 PM Post #39 of 128
wallijonn.

I've already sold my HP910.

A few days ago I bought HD600 and this phone is good to me.
But if the "excellent" DT880 arrives , you would see my HD600 in the for sale section soon
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I'm curious about DT880/EMP combo's sound..

Feb 18, 2003 at 10:59 PM Post #40 of 128
Quote:

Originally posted by yhmzzz
Thanks for good review..

How about EMP with the "excellent" DT880 ?
DT880 + EMP combo is good like RKV combo ?

I've already ordered DT880 from Meier.
wink.gif

I just gave a brief listen using the EMP.......yhmzzz, you will not be disappointed. While the soundstage is not as large as the RKV, the "tubey" midrange of the EMP shines through the DT880s. Very nice pairing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2003 at 12:33 AM Post #41 of 128
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
I just gave a brief listen using the EMP.......yhmzzz, you will not be disappointed. While the soundstage is not as large as the RKV, the "tubey" midrange of the EMP shines through the DT880s. Very nice pairing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mr. Longwood, you have made my day
biggrin.gif
And thank you for your impressions of this can. I'm looking forward to hearing them... they arrive in a few days
biggrin.gif

Hope the back's feeling better
wink.gif

Feb 19, 2003 at 12:37 AM Post #42 of 128
....not going to buy the DT880s, ....not going to buy the DT880s, ....not going to buy the DT880s, ....not going to buy the DT880s, ....not going to buy the DT880s, ....not going to buy the DT880s, ....not going to buy the DT880s, ....not going to buy the DT880s, ....not going to buy the DT880s, ...

Oh, crap...

eek.gif

Feb 19, 2003 at 12:41 AM Post #43 of 128
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
....not going to buy the DT880s, ....not going to buy the DT880s, ....not going to buy the DT880s, ....not going to buy the DT880s, ....not going to buy the DT880s, ....not going to buy the DT880s, ....not going to buy the DT880s, ....not going to buy the DT880s, ....not going to buy the DT880s, ...

Oh, crap...

eek.gif

LOL! Nice try, Rick!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back