DT 880 Pro, can my amp drive them?
Sep 6, 2010 at 6:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

xordae

New Head-Fier
Hey guys. After careful consideration I settled on these headphones, now I'm wondering if my ancient Sony TA-313 amp will do them justice. While it says "low and high impedance headphones", this amp is at least 30 years old and my technical expertise is just enough to know not to lick cables.

As for the headphones.. I can't wait. I've been using HD 570's for the last 8 years or so, and while they're not shabby, I'm getting tired of the same old muffled sound.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1059/42061737.png <- Specs

Sep 6, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #2 of 3
Not sure, those DT880's may end up just as muffled.
Think you can get an Audio-gd Sparrow?  It will do fine with those DT880's.  If you ever decide on replacing those 570's with 595 or 600, the Sparrow will do well with them, too.

Sep 7, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the reply. That particular amp seems hard to get here in Germany, I'll see what else ebay has. For now I'm waiting for the headphones to arrive and see how they fare. When I was saying the Sennheisers sound muffled, it's more of a general quality of theirs - they were kind of distant and removed compared to the Koss Portas I had. HD 570 are 64 Ohm, so I don't believe their particular sound came from the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back