DT 880 Premium Replacement. $600~ for cans
Mar 29, 2016 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Mainian

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, with the current TH-X00 drop going on right now and my overall enjoyment of my W40s over my DT 880s 600 ohm model, I've really began looking into replacing these headphones. I currently own the original magni and modi stack and would like to get something that can be driven by these, but I am not opposed to upgrading them in a year. 

On my list of considerations:

HD650 - Reluctant to go with these.
HE-560 - People really rave on the value of these.
TH-X00 - Also seems like a great value on the market, but not easy to replace the cable. 

Sadly, the alpha dog's are no longer available and I haven't really looked into his new offerings. 

The DT1770's look nice, but I am shying away from these just because I didn't go with closed a while back. Also, I've looked at the T90's. 

I really am not considering things like HD800 or T1, but I could actually expand my budget to these. 

I do plan to keep these for 4 years or longer as my everyday headphones after work. 

Music: EDM (chillstep mostly) and rock a lot. Indie, and rap / hip-hop occasionally.

Thanks for reading this. Just as mentioned, I really do love my W40s, so something similar wouldn't be a bad purchase either. I just would prefer not to use IEM's all day every day.

Mar 30, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #2 of 5
I'm really enjoying my Beyer T90 :)

Mar 30, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #3 of 5
  I'm really enjoying my Beyer T90 :)

What are you using to drive it? 

And thanks for the comment :D. I haven't really seen a lot of praise for them. That may be because of the price change and them not being worth the original msrp. But thank you for the suggestion, I'll look into several review for them, especially considering they are the same price as the TH-X00.

Mar 30, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #4 of 5
  What are you using to drive it? 

And thanks for the comment :D. I haven't really seen a lot of praise for them. That may be because of the price change and them not being worth the original msrp. But thank you for the suggestion, I'll look into several review for them, especially considering they are the same price as the TH-X00.

I use an Audio-GD NFB-15, external DAC/amp, to drive my headphones.

Part of me has been temped to get the Massdrop Fostex TH-X00, just to try them.

Mar 30, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #5 of 5

I use an Audio-GD NFB-15, external DAC/amp, to drive my headphones.

Part of me has been temped to get the Massdrop Fostex TH-X00, just to try them.

I've been eyeing them really hard, people say they are somewhat comparable to HE-560 and probably just as good with right amp or whatever. I think those might be the ones I go with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back