DT-880 just decimated my wallet :)
Sep 5, 2008 at 7:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

themanbeast

100+ Head-Fier
Figured I had to take advantage of the good deal they had at amazon (207 for dt-880) and bought a pair with some KSC75s for running... Well, I THOUGHT I bought a pair.

Thing is, my browser decided to take a few seconds to load, so i refreshed, and it popped up. i selected 2 day shipping and continued.

final price: $482.96

Somehow, the browser refresh doubled my count, and now I have two DT-880 being shipped my way.

So, I have two options for recourse:

1) just ship them back and get my refund

2)Look for a trade. Preferably I'd be looking for something that would have a decently different sound than the 880 for contrasting purposes, used obviously is fine. I get the headphones on Tuesday, so I will be able to take pictures and whatnot to show them. The traded ones would be new in box.

I don't have any feedback on this forum and can't even currently post in the FS section, so the trading might be hard unless you guys want to PM me reading from this thread. But I could always wait until I can post in the right section before accepting trades as well.

What do you guys think?

Sep 5, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #2 of 14
Can't you just cancel the order? It's in your orders info page. Or has it been a while since you placed the order?

Recently I ordered something off Amazon (nothing Head-Fi related, just an LCD colorimeter) and a bit later I decided I wanted to get it off eBay because they'd ship it like 3x faster. Canceled it from the orders page, they didn't even charge me any fees.
smile.gif

Sep 5, 2008 at 7:41 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oya? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't you just cancel the order? It's in your orders info page. Or has it been a while since you placed the order?

I went in IMMEDIATELY and amazon said it was too late already. I can't understand that for the life of me.

edit: It may be because I have a bank account set up and I'm not paying using a card of any kind. This might be a good reason for me to start doing it that way

Sep 5, 2008 at 7:44 AM Post #4 of 14
You should try calling them up...

Edit: You're in the US right?...Here's the number...1-866-216-1072

Sep 5, 2008 at 7:53 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by XXII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should try calling them up...

Edit: You're in the US right?...Here's the number...1-866-216-1072

Thanks, I called, they unfortunately gave me the same answer on the page. the items are already packed and ready to go apparently. I find that to be a bunch of bologna considering its at latest 4:00 am in the states.

I'm thinking about it right now, I'd probably either use it as a birthday present or look for the trade option. The trade would be ideal because it would let me find the sound thats best for me, all i've used before are Sennheiser HD595 and Audio Technica AD700, I'm still trying to find my niche.

Sep 5, 2008 at 8:10 AM Post #9 of 14
Ask to speak to the supervisor when you call them...or alternatively just return one of them...

Sep 5, 2008 at 8:11 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockCity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, do this. Refuse the package and Amazon will give you a full refund. Or keep one and call Amazon again. They'll give you a prepaid shipping label.

going to try that. I don't want to wait any longer for the dt-880 to get here than i already have to
smily_headphones1.gif
refusing the entire shipment is out of the question.

Sep 5, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by themanbeast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, I called, they unfortunately gave me the same answer on the page. the items are already packed and ready to go apparently. I find that to be a bunch of bologna considering its at latest 4:00 am in the states.

I'm thinking about it right now, I'd probably either use it as a birthday present or look for the trade option. The trade would be ideal because it would let me find the sound thats best for me, all i've used before are Sennheiser HD595 and Audio Technica AD700, I'm still trying to find my niche.

Where are you located btw?

Sep 5, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by XXII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where are you located btw?

Vancouver Washington, West coast of the US.

Sep 5, 2008 at 9:08 AM Post #14 of 14
qqq....that's a brilliant idea. THE DEBATE ENDER!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back