DT-880 comfort appreciation thread
Mar 8, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Why, the HD650 of course!

...with some stretching.

But would you say that the upgrade in sound is worth 100 euro? Actually I think that the comfort will stay the same for me or it'll be even worse since they'd be new...

Mar 8, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
I really don't understand the gripes of a few about the weight of the headband pressing on the head. I wear my hair very short, and have no issues whatsoever. I just don't feel the pressure at all (seems perfectly distributed to me), so how the heck can this make some people's heads hurt? I am baffled.
confused.gif

I originally had gripes about the weight digging into my skull. I have a decent sized head and had oodles of hair at the time. I put a thin, cushy layer (actually a series of stick-on circles used for furniture to prevent scratching of wooden floors--yes, quite the ghetto mod) into the headband and all my comfort issues are solved. I felt it was probably due to the lack of clamping force on the sides of the head, which I now love and appreciate with my extra padding.

Some have said the ear pads get hot... I find removing the phones for a mere 5 seconds releases any stored up heat and cools them almost instantly. I've found them wayyy more comfortable than anything else, including the HD595 and HD580, and far less heat prone than the 580. Also, I hate Y wires. Big thumbs up for my one-wire heaven.

Mar 8, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #19 of 24
Yeah, I remember wearing my DT880. It felt like two soft, fluffy pillows gently pressing against the sides of my head. No headband issues at all. Probably THE most comfortable cans I've ever used along with the DT531.

Mar 8, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #21 of 24
Well... I can say that they are more comfortable than my Grados were.
rolleyes.gif

But, yeah, they are awesome.... I wish I could say that I forget that they are there, but I find myself tucking the top my ears underneath the pads a little, so I feel them. Oh, and the music... that kind of reminds me that they are there.
tongue.gif

Mar 9, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #23 of 24
My brand new (today) dt990 are really tight around the ear pad but the pad is soft.Will try the book stretch.It is only the first day so i will give it some time

Aug 10, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #24 of 24
the dt880 have by far the most comfortable pads and unobtrusive headband imo, no clamping force at all, but unless you're headbanging, they will never fall off. probably the only headphone i own that i can wear for 5 hours on end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back