DT 880 Break-In
Aug 1, 2006 at 4:22 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by zombieDave
I agree with fewtch's comments about the DT880's sound signature after burn-in. However, I experienced it at about 50 hours. No real changes since then (well, I did get them recabled...)

What kinda cable? (Did i ask you that already?). Got a pair today w/Cardas cable (I think) man they're just beautiful. My stock pair sounds, um, not veiled, exactly, but sorta that way

Feb 25, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when i first got my DT880 and during my first listen, the highs were extremely bright. after about 20 hours, the brightness settled into the signature sound. since then i haven't noticed any significant changes. it has about 80 hours on it now and i'm slowly appreciating how much i love this headphone. so the only burn in so far that i can think of is psychological...

I agree with Aluren. I have about 15 hours on my new DT 880s and they sound MUCH better now than right out of the box. The upper frequency harshness has decreased significantly over the first 15 hours of use. The only problem I have had with these new headphones was a piece of loose solder rattling around in the left earcup. I had to take apart the left earcap to remove the loose solder which I really didn't enjoy doing. The thought of having to mail off my new headphones to the Beyerdynamic Service Department after 5 days of use was a little worrisome.

I am using the DT 880s now with my Headroom Total Airhead an Apple Docking Base, and the stock copper min-mini cable that came with the Total Airhead. Using the Dock line out significantly improved the musical detail. I have a IPOD Dock Black Dragon on order from Moon Audio. I can't wait to get it. I will probably order the 6" Cardas mini-mini cable from Headroom (its relatively inexpensive) as well to have another cable to compare my current setup to as well as compare to the Black Dragon once it arrives from Moon Audio.

Feb 25, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #19 of 19
Extreme sibilance mellowed in few hours for me, but didnt notice any real change after that. After that slow changes were clearly psychological for me, but sibilance taming was very physical, but also happened very fast. So small burn-in time for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back