DT 770's vs M50x?
May 20, 2017 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tripleh3lix

Head-Fier
I'm coming from a pair of quiet comfort 25's... I have debated on what to get. I really do and keep reading raving reviews from the M50-M50x's. Will these be a good investment? Oh also, I don't want an amp. Purely want something for versatile use with amazing sound. I've done the amp route with portable headphones, it's just too much bulk for me and don't have the money for it at the moment.

The thing is.. I really love the sound signature of the Boses. Now a bit more clarity, and more bass... is what I want. I'm looking for something in the $150-160 range.

Last edited:
May 20, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #2 of 3
I have the original M50 so I cant speak for the M50x (not sure if there is any difference), and I have the DT990. I have yet to hear the 770 but I will say between the Beyers and M50, I prefer the 990. I only make this comparison because I believe all of the entry level Beyers have the same drivers.

The 990 is open, but I pick those every time over the M50 on the go. Im sure someone with experience could sum up the 770, but this is my opinion. Id go with the Beyers. Better sound and depth.

Edit: Be careful as well which version of the 770 you get. You might need an amp. The M50 will sound good without an amp, but most versions of the 770 will require amping

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back