DT 770 Studio 80 ohms? Are these guitar centers version?
Feb 6, 2016 at 9:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ChriffeR

100+ Head-Fier
I am very confused, what these headphones are I can't find them on the internet other than Guitar Center's site!

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Beyerdynamic/DT-770-STUDIO-Headphones.gc

Feb 6, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #3 of 11
  I am very confused, what these headphones are I can't find them on the internet other than Guitar Center's site!

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Beyerdynamic/DT-770-STUDIO-Headphones.gc

They are normal Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80-Ohm headphones.
Beyers sells those all over the the world, or at least use to, I even own a pair myself.
Not sure why your referring to them as the Guitar Center version?

Feb 6, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #6 of 11
Because I can't find them online? Only at guitar center that's why....

Could just be Guitar Center bought all the 80-Ohm versions from Beyerdynamic USA.
Or Guitar Center has an exclusive agreement with Beyerdynamic.
The guys that own Guitar Center might have figured that if they bought all the 80-Ohms version, they would control the market for that version and be able to keep the 80-Ohm version priced high.

But the DT770 Pro 80-Ohm has never been talked about as the "Guitar Center" version.

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #7 of 11
This is an old thread but I don't feel the question was answered. Possibly, the OP didn't express the question in enough detail in his question. I own a pair of these 

with the word "STUDIO" in place of "PRO" like most pics.

I'm wondering if there are any differences?

Feb 12, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #8 of 11
@timind I was looking into that when I was first interested in purchasing a pair of DT 770s. I ended up with the conclusion that the second picture you posted is the older version and the top picture is the newest one. I believe that the only difference is in the cable (straight vs coiled). However, I am unable to find the evidence for how I came to that conclusion. So, take what I say with a grain of salt. If someone has a better, more definitive answer, then go with that.

Feb 12, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #10 of 11
Right. The only thing I remember between the DT varieties is that there are differences between the premium and pro lines. I don't know if there really is a difference between the pro and studio lines though.

Feb 12, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #11 of 11
Pics don't seem to show any difference other than name. Guitar Center charges an additional $30 for the Pro version without any explanation I can detect. The Studio version I have aren't listed on Beyerdynamic's web site as far as I can tell. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back