DT 770 Pro 80 OHM with Darkvoice 336se tube suggestion?
Jan 6, 2009 at 8:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Youthanasia

Head-Fier
Hi,
To all you experienced headfi-ers.
As the title says,
I have a pair of DT 770 Pro 80 OHM. I'm planning on getting a Darkvoice 336se. I really like bassy, warm, smooth spatial sound with clear highs.
What tubes do you headfi-ers suggest for this combo? I will settle on 100usd max for tubes.
Oh I forgot, the Darkvoice will be connected to the Auzentech Prelude with dual mono Burr Brown OPA627BP (if that has any relative value)
so.. what do you suggest?

Jan 7, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #6 of 8
The DV336SE sounds terrific with my Darth Beyers (which at least started life as DT770/80's) using a Tung-Soll 5998 for the power tube and a Tung-Sol 6SN7GTB for the driver tube. I was using this combo before using the T-S 6F8G (which requires an adapter and is not a good place to start tube rolling).

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The DV336SE sounds terrific with my Darth Beyers (which at least started life as DT770/80's) using a Tung-Soll 5998 for the power tube and a Tung-Sol 6SN7GTB for the driver tube. I was using this combo before using the T-S 6F8G (which requires an adapter and is not a good place to start tube rolling).

I see.
The tung-sol 5998 is very hard to come by it seems.
Will try looking online. So bass is ok with these tubes? I'm a basshead I need big bass and clear mediums and highs. So far my C&C amp does not deliver what I need(bought it cheap though). So that's why I need to make a good sounding purchase this time. I do not really intend to swap the tubes, so I'm searching for a nearly permanent solution.

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #8 of 8
Bass is better with a 5998 than a 6AS7G, but it should be fine with both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back