DT 770 Pro 80 ohm and general question about headphones?
Jan 11, 2012 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SPECOPx

New Head-Fier
Hi, I recently tripped over my ATH-M50 from Guitar Center, which caused a short and they are reimbursing me for the cost of the phones+tax. Now, I'm looking to buy another set of cans from guitar center (forced to because of gift card) and I'm looking at the DT 770 80 ohm as a replacement as I listen mainly to rap, rock, and techno. Other genres I also listen to, but not as much as I listen to the preceding. Would these be good for the genres listed above? Do these separate the instruments well? The only thing that bothers me is that the wire is not detachable from the phones itself. Why is this not a standard feature on headphones? 

EDIT: The reason I do not want to buy the ATH-M50 again is due to the lack of bass to my ears and it is too neutral sounding making it not stand out in any particular genre.

Jan 11, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #2 of 4
Yea, those beyers will sound better than the M50. More bass, IF amped properly. I too thought the M50 was lacking in bass. I tried running the beyers (yes, 80 ohm) right out of my iPod and it just didn't work out that well. Does guitar center offer any other bassy headphones?

Jan 11, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Yea, those beyers will sound better than the M50. More bass, IF amped properly. I too thought the M50 was lacking in bass. I tried running the beyers (yes, 80 ohm) right out of my iPod and it just didn't work out that well. Does guitar center offer any other bassy headphones?

Dunno, they do have a very limited selection or else I would've went with the Denon AHD-2000. I too have a IPOD (5th gen), but I got a ASUS Xonar Essence STX, which can supposedly drive headphones all the way up to 600 ohms (has presets for selection of ohms).

Jan 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #4 of 4
I just got a pair of the DT 770s (and will be posting a question myself) and they are plentiful in the bass. Much more than the senn 280 pros I have. For those genres I think you'll love the dt's. However, when listening to some deadmau5 for the sake of hearing some heavy electronic through the phones, the kick drum was almost too much at times...like way too much actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back