DT 770 Pro 80 driver rattle
Jul 31, 2009 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dqniel

New Head-Fier
Recently my DT770's left driver has developed a rattle when reproducing bass notes. They are still under warranty but I'm having a hard time navigating their website to figure out how to start the RMA process. Is anybody familiar with their RMA process or how good their customer service/repair process is? Will they cover shipping if asked? How long does the process normally take?

Thanks for any advice and/or input from those that have experience!

Jul 31, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #2 of 6
I had the same problem. Went to the local Beyerdynamic agent. They ordered and replaced both drivers for free. I was living in South Africa at the time so i waited around 3 weeks total for drivers to come from Germany, them replacing them etc etc.

Mine only rattled at some specific frequencies on one side.

Also knowing the Beyerdynamic service-center here in Norway where i live now, they are nice and do it under warranty as long as there is no apparent physical damage.

Aug 1, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #4 of 6
Yep it's most likely hair. This happens every now and then with my HD600s, quick and easy to fix once you learn how to take the earphone pad off.

Aug 15, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks to those that said it may be dust or a hair. I decided today to take the "risk" and take apart the headphones and give them a thorough cleaning. One little hair in particular had made it's way halfway through the white fibrous material that covers the driver. A careful tug got it out in one piece (I think) and so far I believe the rattle has been fixed!

Can't say thank you enough times
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 18, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoustik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check your drivers for hair and dust. I had rattling on my HD650s because of a hair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep it's most likely hair. This happens every now and then with my HD600s, quick and easy to fix once you learn how to take the earphone pad off.

thanks! I thought my cans were toast but now they work fine and I can start a wig factory!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back