DT 770 Pro 32: Clacking noise in ear-cups/headband?
Mar 24, 2015 at 1:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Technohawk

New Head-Fier
Hello fellas.

I have had my DT 770 Pro for a while and I'm not sure if this issue was present at first or if I just start noticing it now but the thing is every time I move the ear-cups around, especially when putting the headset on my head, I heard this horrible crackling.

This youtube video shows exactly what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZrCn9jJma4

I tried contacting beyers in Europe but they just forwarded the issue to a local representative in my country which was clueless about the problem.

By further inspecting the headband, I noticed the metal parts that hold the ear-cups are hitting the metal skeleton of the headband itself. Pic:

So, is that normal or expected behavior? Should I try and order new parts to see if it's enough to fix it? For the people that own a DT 770, can you guys check yours for me?

I find it so weird that a headset like that would allow such noise to happen. It's built like a tank a that seems a major design flaw if it ends up not being a problem.

Mar 25, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #3 of 4
My DT770Pro 32 LE 88 is just like that. I folded a small peace of paper around the connecting rod and put some electrical tape on the metal frame. It did silence connecting rod noise and can be replaced or removed with ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back