[DT 770 Premium MOD] Recable + Detachable
Jan 16, 2012 at 7:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TestSubject

100+ Head-Fier
Ill will be recabling my DTs, Single entry, Jack so i can swap between long and shorter cable.

Now, I want to recalbe the inside to, but the premium has a pretty tight slide-on head band. Any idea?

Also, anyone know if a "long" jack will fit inside? or should I go square on this one?

VS VS 

Dont have acces to tools so I am not able to take a look inside just yet, Anyone has picture to share? Good DT 770 Pro Mod LINK

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #2 of 6
If you undo the screws on the plastic thingies near the base of the leather pad the pad slips off. 

You will find things much easier to simply put a short cable on the headphones without the complications of a jack mounted to the cup. Then get an extension when you need that. 

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #3 of 6
Jan 24, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks all!

Any idea for passing the cable over to the Right cup? I mean it need to leave the Left cup go inside the band and in the right cup. I fear that 22 AWG silver plater copper wire might be too big to work?

Ho and is 22 AWG wire what I want for this?

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #5 of 6
I would go with a mini xlr connector instead of a trs connector. TRS gets loose easily and over time the wire will start falling out. http://www.switchcraft.com/Category.aspx?Parent=806 3 pin is used AKG headphones but 4 pin is technically a more "balanced" connector to use since there is a ground for each side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back