dt 770 headband mod
Jan 2, 2003 at 7:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

vandit

100+ Head-Fier
is there any kinda headband mod i can do, the headband provides a vice grip, it hurts
frown.gif

but if i take it off my hair gets caught in between the metal and the plastic owww...

thanks muchos

vandit

Jan 2, 2003 at 5:24 PM Post #3 of 9
Remove the padding in the headband. Although this mod is irreversible I belive you will prefer the "modded" version.

1. Unbutton the headband.

2. Make an incision with a scissor on the side that's not facing your head. (duh!)

3. Just yank that padding out from the headband!

4. Enyoj your now comfortable Beyers...

Jan 2, 2003 at 6:52 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by mr_slacker
Remove the padding in the headband. Although this mod is irreversible I belive you will prefer the "modded" version.

1. Unbutton the headband.

2. Make an incision with a scissor on the side that's not facing your head. (duh!)

3. Just yank that padding out from the headband!

4. Enyoj your now comfortable Beyers...

mommy..
frown.gif

thats scary, what if i dont like it!
i guess thats the risk i have to take
frown.gif

are you guys sure there isnt any other mods i can do? like buy a ifferent headband?

vandit

Jan 2, 2003 at 7:51 PM Post #5 of 9
Umm, I'd think again about going with the pad removal scheme....

Jan 2, 2003 at 8:14 PM Post #6 of 9
>is there any kinda headband mod i can do, the headband provides a vice grip, it hurts

I use DT770Pro's drivers with DT531's headband. They don't fit very well, but it's enough to support the drivers on your ears. if you make small mod, then they fit better. The pressure on ears is reduced, so the isolation (one great point of DT770Pro) has to be a little bit lower naturally. Anyway it's very comfortable. Most of Beyerdynamic's line up without Pro series have same mountings, thus you can use DT531 - 990 for this mod, I think (not guaranteed).

Jan 2, 2003 at 8:24 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
Umm, I'd think again about going with the pad removal scheme....

Why? It's a really simple procedure.

No more headaches...
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by vandit
thats scary, what if i dont like it!

Well just try the headphone with no headband at all. If it feels fine I don't see why one shouldn't go on with the operation. And I belive one can by spare headbands from Beyer Dynamic. (in case you screw it up
biggrin.gif
)

Jan 4, 2003 at 4:30 AM Post #8 of 9
How about an alternate covering for the metal bands? You could wrap them in electrical tape, just make sure you don't leave any sticky bits exposed to your hair. Or maybe take some black fabric and make a cover for the bands yourself. I threw together something like that out of an old sweatshirt as covers for the clips on my KSC-50s.

Jan 4, 2003 at 4:45 AM Post #9 of 9
i agree with what snufkin said. i flexed mine just a bit and they fit perfect-like. tonight i am digging into these, after a 30 hour break in session. ahhh....audio nirvana.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back