DT 770 For Gaming?
Nov 10, 2014 at 9:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Plexon

Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

Just looking for some opinions on the DT 770 (250 ohm) for gaming purposes. 

I plan to use these or some other pair around its price range for skyping with friends and playing games like CSGO and BF3.

I also plan to use the Magni/Modi combo for these. 

How are the DT 770's for gaming? Are they too heavy on bass for skyping and youtube?

I dont really listen to music a lot.

Thanks in advance

Nov 11, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #2 of 12
I recommend the DT990 over the 770. They share the same drivers, but the 990 is open-back and provides a much larger sound stage and better placement for gaming. It's what I use.

Nov 11, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #3 of 12
Unless you're in a noisy environment and need to hear small details like footsteps without being disturbed, then the DT770 is the better option.

Nov 11, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #4 of 12
 Check out Mad Lust Envy's guide here on head-fi 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-update-10-15-2014-beyerdynamic-t51i-added

Nov 11, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #5 of 12
  I know a lot.... MOST of the guys here know more about headphones than me. I know more about gaming than most of them. 

I find this extremely rude and presumptuous.
I've been gaming for nearly 27 years.
When it comes to gaming, the 'best' headphone is just as a subjective debate as headphones for music or movies.
Don't passive/aggressively dismiss the comments of others because you value your own opinions so highly. 

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #6 of 12
I was top 100 in the world on BF4 (stats and score wise) before having my daughter, and have competed in MLG events for Halo.
A lot of the guys on this thread use their rigs at their computer, which is where most gaming happens as well.

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #7 of 12
  I find this extremely rude and presumptuous.
I've been gaming for nearly 27 years.
When it comes to gaming, the 'best' headphone is just as a subjective debate as headphones for music or movies.
Don't passive/aggressively dismiss the comments of others because you value your own opinions so highly. 

Yeah. 

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #8 of 12
I was top 100 in the world on BF4 (stats and score wise) before having my daughter, and have competed in MLG events for Halo.
A lot of the guys on this thread use their rigs at their computer, which is where most gaming happens as well.

Cool. What was you favorite gun? 

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #9 of 12
I'm totally chilled out. 
You simply need to chose your words more carefully.
In this context where your post came after another's, it could very easily be (and was) taken the way it was. Please try to see this from my perspective. 

I'm sorry for misunderstanding you, but please try to see how easy it was for me to do so.

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #11 of 12
The 990's in my opinion are one of the best all-around gaming headphones. Unreal comfort, great soundstage, very satisfying bass and all around great headphone. If you're a hardcore I need the most precise sound with no distortion I'd go with the audio technica ad700,900 or 2000. The AT line lacks bass and the sound will be bland but you will be able to pin point every location.

Jan 18, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #12 of 12
I would definitely recommend the 80ohm over the 250, much stronger bass and it doesn't need any amplification. I think you could game with them, they're very good headphones. Even though they're regarded as "bass monsters", I don't find the bass to be that strong and I think that bass would be pretty important for gunshots and explosions while gaming. Overall you can't go wrong with these cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back