DT-770 Do you have a hole on your right cup?
Dec 13, 2002 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

x1lexure

100+ Head-Fier
It's about 3 mm wide, and on the right cup on the front where the "swinging arm" attaches to the cup itself. When it's on your had it cannot be seen as the "swinging arm" covers it up. What's this for? Air comes out of it when the pads are pressed together, but thwe left cup doesn't have one? I have been noticing that the pressure seems alittle worse in the left cup but the left cup sounds slightly more "full"? It's quite weird. Like the left cup is truelly closed and the right is sem-open. If I can get some pictures I will but...not right now.

Dec 13, 2002 at 9:37 PM Post #2 of 7
Mine has a hole on both ear cups.
confused.gif

Dec 13, 2002 at 9:40 PM Post #3 of 7
Did you take a look at the front of the other earcup? On mine, the holes are present on both earcups, even on the same side - but you have to look at it from the side and turn it around!
wink.gif

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Dec 13, 2002 at 9:48 PM Post #5 of 7
So do mine....it looked like an adjustment hole, until I tried to adjust the earcups. They wouldn't budge out of the original hole.

Dec 14, 2002 at 12:35 AM Post #7 of 7
Although it's difficult to see, the bottom of each hole (on mine, at least) has a screen covering it. Gives me the impression that it's meant to let sound out in a certain way as to change/tame the sonic qualities of the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back