dt 770-80 v. a900's
Mar 9, 2005 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

munchies

New Head-Fier
hi,

i own a pair of ms-1's, and am interested in buying another set of cans for my computer. I will mainly be using these for gaming/movies (unamped), and so i was wondering how these two candidates stack up in terms of 1) soundstage, 2) build quality/durability, 3) comfort and 4) isolation. Sound quality is less of an issue (i.e. recessed mids, overpowering bass, etc) because i will probably not be listening to music with them. If there are better alternatives, my budget is around 200-250 USD.

Thanks. Any replies are appreciated.

Mar 9, 2005 at 2:15 AM Post #2 of 4
I own the 770s, have previously owned the A900s. I am not a particularly good judge of soundstage, but will answer your other questions.

1. I find the build quality of both above average, with the slight nod to the A900. IMHO, it just looked a bit more solid (though taking nothing away from the Beyer).

2. Comfort - I found the A900 more comfortable, probably because it was better suited to someone with a large head (my particular affliction). I did do a quick, simple mod to the 770 that has improved its comfort by reducing the pressure of the headband on the top of my head.

3. Both isolate very well. I have a feeling that the 770 isolates a bit better than did the A900.

Question - if sound quality isn't key, why not go with the A500s?

Mar 9, 2005 at 2:22 AM Post #3 of 4
I would not get the dt770s if sound quality is not important.The dt770s sound very good.I have had mine for about a month now,and they just keep gettng better and better.Their are cheaper phones out their that will do just a good of job for gaming or other computer usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back