DT 770 80 Ohm- amp?
May 31, 2015 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

akds37

New Head-Fier
For reference:

Source - Macbook Air / Possibly Android phone (Droid Razr M)

So I've been thinking of buying the DT 770s (80 Ohm). I don't have enough money to also buy a decent amp so I was thinking of buying a FiiO E6 since it's the only one I've found that fits my budget. Because it's pretty cheap, I'm not sure if it would even be worth buying since it might not be able to drive the headphones. Will this amp work or should I just look for other headphones?

May 31, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #2 of 4
  For reference:

So I've been thinking of buying the DT 770s (80 Ohm). I don't have enough money to also buy a decent amp so I was thinking of buying a FiiO E6 since it's the only one I've found that fits my budget. Because it's pretty cheap, I'm not sure if it would even be worth buying since it might not be able to drive the headphones. Will this amp work or should I just look for other headphones?

Get the headphone and save for E11K.
You can still enjoy them very much without the amplifier.

May 31, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #3 of 4
  For reference:

The DT770 Pro 80-Ohm headphones need a decent amplifier to sound their best and the FiiO E6 would be somewhat maxed out trying to drive them (guessing).
Check out the Soundmagic HP150, it's 32-Ohm, so should work decently plugged directly into your Macbook  or Android phone.
Never listened to the HP150, but it gets good feedback.

May 31, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #4 of 4
  Check out the Soundmagic HP150, it's 32-Ohm, so should work decently plugged directly into your Macbook  or Android phone.
Never listened to the HP150, but it gets good feedback.

+1

The HP-150 is more balanced, while the Beyer should provide more powerful bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back