dt 531 on my ears .
Apr 7, 2004 at 11:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

boodi

Headphoneus Supremus
[size=xx-small]They have arrived on my head some times ago .
I'm very happy , they're balanced + source sensitive .. they are overall good in many ways and sounding quite good also directly driven from the headphones out of my portable.

They carry the Beyerdynamic sound signature ( i've tried some other Beyer cans ) ; if i can say i expected a more open sound and some "soundstaging" from the readings i got on the boards before getting them .
The dt990 are more airy sounding . I feel soundstage with dt531 is narrrow and very close to the listener and there's not much air between notes and around the sound ; they also leak a bit of presence ( the sound is on the "light" side )

Now I'm waiting for philips hp 890 to compare the two - expect a brief comparison in two weeks or so .

Then I think I'll definitely leave low impedence headphones . Generally speaking and from my short experience in head-fi , it seems to me that high imp. cans sound is richer , fuller and cleaner
[/size]

Apr 7, 2004 at 11:56 AM Post #2 of 9
How do you find them from portable sources? The only thing holding me back is sensitivity from portable sources - I like to have that option.

Hey love that collection of cans you have... where do you rate the 531s.

Cheers,

TonyAAA

Apr 7, 2004 at 12:11 PM Post #3 of 9
[size=xx-small] .They pair very well out of my portables hp*out , I listen to them on 4/10 volume . I can listen to them quite poperly also if i plug them directly to the line out . [/size]

Apr 7, 2004 at 1:21 PM Post #4 of 9
Congrats on your purchase, they are very good arent they, for the price?
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by boodi
Then I think I'll definitely leave low impedence headphones . Generally speaking and from my short experience in head-fi , it seems to me that high imp. cans sound way better , fuller and cleaner if porperly driven

A bit of a sweeping generalisation IMO and IME.

Apr 8, 2004 at 6:28 AM Post #5 of 9
aren't the 531's comfortable.
these things become one with thte head after about 5 minutes and then music seems to be so pure almost comofrtingly pure.

I always use these to listen to music the 2nd time over cos' they just bring out a different perspective of the music itself, the fun involved in listening to good music and then getting a feel for what the artist was trying to do.

enjoy them

Apr 29, 2004 at 12:09 PM Post #7 of 9
Pict0002.jpg
Pict0010.jpg

It's a very little mod i've done in order to improve soundstage and comfort ; i added a second layer to the pads ( the under pads ) , the driver now are more distant from ears ; listening is a bit more confortable and less fatiguing .

Apr 29, 2004 at 2:19 PM Post #8 of 9
yo have just killed the Beyer sound
and by the by the Dt 531 are not fatiguing at all unless you listen to them too loud.
this is what I found happened.
these are still the best phones as far as easy comfortable listening is concerned.

Just MHO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back