DSP Pro does not power on
Aug 4, 2001 at 6:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ibuyufo

New Head-Fier
I bought one of these from ebay and can't figure out how to power it on. The plug that looks like a svideo plug has 8 pins. Is this correct? I'm asking because the dsp unit has 6 holes for pins and one big hole. I don't see how these two will fit together? Any help would be appreciated to get this thing working with the sennheiser hd-600. Thanks!

Dave

Aug 5, 2001 at 5:42 AM Post #2 of 7
Welcome to Head-Fi, Dave. Strange.... I have the DSP Pro, but the cable I have has 6 pins, with a plastic rectangle pin and fits perfectly into the six-holed socket. The only thing I can think of is this— is it possible you have the cable from a DSP 360 unit? Maybe it was sent by mistake? I would contact the seller and inform him of the problem. If it was a sealed unit, then I would contact Sennheiser. Good luck.

Aug 5, 2001 at 6:01 AM Post #3 of 7
Thanks Joe. I did contact the seller and we're working on something right now. They will try to contact Sennheiser to send me the cable. Hopefully Sennheiser won't give them too much trouble. How do you like your dsp pro?

Dave

Aug 15, 2001 at 1:56 AM Post #5 of 7
ibuyufo,

The DSP Pro came with my 580. It took me a couple of months to try them out, too many wires around my condo already! My wife and I watched/listened to Armageddon together on our PS2. Although it's not meant to replace one's home theatre, it does its job very well. She was listening through my 580 and I was listening through my Beyer DT 250-80. Great design in having separate audio/volume controls. The sound fields do work, nice channel separation, bass was tight moreso with the 250-80, but not boomy, highs were not fatiguing, though the 250-80 sounded darker. I would not recommend listening to music with the unit.

I watched T2 the Ultimate Edition using the 580. Amazing!

Enjoy!

Regards - reynman

Aug 15, 2001 at 3:12 AM Post #6 of 7
thanks for all the answer! Sennheiser sent me a replacement cable and it works! They did not charge me for this and that's a sign of a good company that stand behind their products.

As far as I know you may need to hold the power button for about a second to turn it on. I wish I could be of more help but this thing is new to me. Maybe someone else has had your problem and may be able to help.

Dave

Aug 15, 2001 at 4:43 AM Post #7 of 7
Well, even pushing the power button for over 10 seconds did not do anything. I have contacted Sennheiser and am waiting for a reply--I hope their good reputation holds up. Have fun with your DSP.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back