DS Lite or PSP?
Jun 10, 2006 at 10:15 AM Post #31 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9
Seems like I'm the only one here who doesn't hate PSP.

::Looks forward to Gradius Collection::
smily_headphones1.gif

Brain age, is that a game or something?

Also, I think hate is the wrong word, I think it's more like "I wasn't satisfied with my purchase" or "This expensive portable gaming device has many flaws." I feel this thing like i want to buy a ds lite, but then again like I'm never going to touch it if I get one.

Jun 10, 2006 at 5:35 PM Post #32 of 143
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

It's not that I hate the PSP, I'm just tremendously dissapointed with what it became. I really wanted it to be a portable PS2 in some senses... I wanted my JRPGs and my platformers. To some degree it HAS platformers (I do want to play Daxter) but the portable is totally comprimised by its own hardware and quality control. I went through a lot of them and none of them were "perfect" or suitable, which just isn't good enough to me. And even if I DID get a perfect unit, the software has been really dissapointing in comparison to the DS. The recent DS castlevania is one of my favorite games of all TIME... it's just that good. Not since SOTN have I really gotten into a 2D game like that, it's just so well realized and put together. If the PSP had a game of that series then it would be over... I'd buy a PSP glitches and all to play that. Oh, and the blur on that screen. Really no good. The DS screens (especially on the Lite) are fantastic, really really good refresh times.

I'm not going to the NYC event, I'm at my girlfriend's family's house for the weekend. I should be getting back on Sunday and I'll try to pick one up, or get her to drive me around on Sunday morning to get another Lite. Right now I've only got my GBA Micro (SUCH a good system) but I'm really craving more Castlevania DS. I've played it through 3-4 times now, and it's just fantastic.

Jun 10, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #33 of 143
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

I like my PSP too. There are only a couple must have titles out right now, including Daxter, Burnout Legends, and Mega Man MHX. I'll admit, the game offerings could be a lot better, especially since there are no quality RPGS yet (though Blade Dancer and Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth will be out next month).

I'm getting my DS Lite tommorow and I've already got Brain Age, Tetris DS, and NSMB stacked on my tower waiting. Hoping to get Castlevania DS and Mario Kart DS soon as well. Oh, and not to mention, I'm on the edge of my seat drooling and waiting for FF III DS to release later on this year.

Each system has it's strengths and weaknesses. In the end, I'd just boil it down to this: pick whichever system has more titles that peak your interest. And if both have just as many as the other, then get the one you want more first and the other later. There's always time for price-drops.

Jun 10, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #34 of 143
When I first had a PSP, I had almost every decent (and half decent) launch game... I think it was sort of weird that they didn't hold my attention like older games do. My GBA, I can still fire up any Mario or Final Fantasy Game and be completely entertained... they're timeless. I guess this could be a product of good Nintendo and Square stuff, because I haven't really felt as tied to any newer games at all. Half Life 2 and World of Warcraft are the only recent timeless games I've gone back to over and over that weren't Square or Nintendo lately.

Jun 10, 2006 at 6:12 PM Post #35 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
When I first had a PSP, I had almost every decent (and half decent) launch game... I think it was sort of weird that they didn't hold my attention like older games do. My GBA, I can still fire up any Mario or Final Fantasy Game and be completely entertained... they're timeless. I guess this could be a product of good Nintendo and Square stuff, because I haven't really felt as tied to any newer games at all. Half Life 2 and World of Warcraft are the only recent timeless games I've gone back to over and over that weren't Square or Nintendo lately.

Haha, similiar to the xbox 360 for me, I have almost all the launch titles except for sports games, yet only a couple have held their attention to me. I still have yet to buy any newer games because I am holding the money for audio purchases
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #37 of 143
Vacation in the US ATM, and the husband convinced me we should get the PSP over the DS or DS Lite. I agree that it's all about the games. We play the darker stuff, and some of the more epic RPG's (Helloooo, FF7 in July anyone??), and so far the psp hasn't bored us.

Look at the game catalogues first, and then decide.

Jun 11, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #39 of 143
The ds lite is comin out tomorrow in the US right? Dammit why does it have to be white?!! I may go on a road trip with some family at the end of the month (7+ hours stuck in an suv with crazy nieces) and it would help alleviate the pain. I do have a psp but... can't find any decent games to rent and don't wanna buy a spare battery for the one time.

For those of you who've seen the white lite in person, is it good? I've seen pics, even live shots, and it's sorta ... well, not as good as the blue or black.

Jun 11, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #40 of 143
Well, it shows fingerprints a lot less, from what I've seen/heard/read. I've the Enamel Navy, and it shows fingerprints just as badly as the black iPod, if not worse.

Jun 11, 2006 at 7:17 AM Post #41 of 143
My friend who owns both says he likes his PSP better. He complains that there aren't enough good games for the DS. That and with the PSP you can install emulators for other system and get retro with your gaming.

Jun 11, 2006 at 7:08 PM Post #43 of 143
Can't wait to get mine. I ordered mine from Overstock for $117 shipped after a 10% off coupon. Then I went to check my order status today, and it said I had a $20 off coupon I could use (don't know why) so I ordered the New Super Mario Bros. for $15 shipped. I feel like I made out like a bandit...just need to have some patience.

Jun 11, 2006 at 7:13 PM Post #44 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by sisenor
I just got my DS Lite and it's pretty dank.

How's the white color? Yay or nay?

Jun 11, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #45 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
How's the white color? Yay or nay?

reminds me of a cheap ipod rip off in design, which is obviously nintendo's purpose for making it the only available color in the US, cause you know how we are all giddy on that minimalistic gloss white look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back