Drum 'n' Bass
Apr 10, 2003 at 8:23 PM Post #46 of 49
mike, those compilation CD's really run the whole gamut of "Electronica" music: breakbeat, drum'n'bass, progressive house, etc. There are alot of these little niche genres.

Dieselboy is pretty aggro stuff......if you like the J Magik or Ed Rush tracks on those compilation discs, I reccomend "Metalheadz Platinum Breakz (Volume 1)", it's the first drum'n'bass album I got, and one of my favorites: chill vocals/instrumentation over fast beats. Goldie is the artist who founded the Metalheadz label which basically started the whole drum'n'bass music scene. A more accessible album might be LTJ Bukem - Logical Progression (level 1), less experimental and more mainstreamy.

If you like the DJ Food, Filia Brazilia stuff, that's considered "breakbeat" i think, some artists to consider there are DJ Food, Amon Tobin, Coldcut, DJ Spooky, the record label "Ninja Tunes"....

Apr 10, 2003 at 11:42 PM Post #47 of 49
Platinum Breakz Volume 3 is quite good too... Mmmm, Hidden Agenda - Kranberry Juice.
Wicked track. Wicked compilation actually. Get it
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2003 at 3:07 AM Post #48 of 49
Oh they released volume 3, didn't even know, gonna have to check that out
biggrin.gif

I didn't really like volume 2, (except for the dilinja, peshay, lemon d, & hidden agenda tracks) curious to see what they got this time around.

Apr 11, 2003 at 3:23 AM Post #49 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by sohcahtoa
Oh they released volume 3, didn't even know, gonna have to check that out
biggrin.gif

I didn't really like volume 2, (except for the dilinja, peshay, lemon d, & hidden agenda tracks) curious to see what they got this time around.

'Didn't really like Volume 2.. except the whole album.'
very_evil_smiley.gif

Hehe.. Yeah, volume 3 is really old actually. Late 2001 I believe. Not everyone can be
up to date, eh?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back