"Drops of Jupiter" by Train
Aug 14, 2001 at 4:04 PM Post #16 of 22
Well I've heard it again since, and it is sure nice to hear a real instrument like a piano. Nice summer tune actually.

Aug 14, 2001 at 5:04 PM Post #17 of 22
I am with MacDEF.

Living in the San Francisco Bay Area we are certainly overindulged with the music of Train, being as they hail from this area. I have their first album, but as yet have not succumbed to the Drops of Jupiter album. However since Jude's review I think I will. I think it is wonderful that their music is reaching so many.

Aug 15, 2001 at 9:52 PM Post #18 of 22
I liked the song the first few times I heard it, and even had it marked off to be put on my next mix (this was back in April or May), but hearing the singer end each group of verses with "ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh" was TOO annoying, and I put this song on my switch-radio-stations-if-I-hear-it list.

Nov 5, 2001 at 11:01 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

If you're looking for heavy, intense, dark, driving, buy Lateralus by Tool (which is also an excellent album). But if you're looking for zippy pop/rock, pick up Drops of Jupiter -- it gives you very good rock lite without being over-teen.

I just got Lateralus on Saturday - my first venture into any sort of metal, to be honest.....tho this is apparently also "progressive rock."

Whatever.....

Anyways - I'm really enjoying it...very deep and moody, yet the lyrics (when I can understand them
rolleyes.gif
) seem to have a LIGHT optimistic tone.....

Mar 28, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by BradJudy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy cow - 7+ years has got to be competing for a record on thread resurrection.

Yeah, must be some kind of record at least...

Mar 28, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #22 of 22
i like their song 'Ordinary'... because i remember hearing it with this girl with one side of the sony earphone ....even then it sounded good..u know why..sometimes its the people u listen with.
biggrin.gif

of course...moved on to different music...that was years back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back