dropped my pcdp in the water
Jan 4, 2008 at 6:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Harry Tuttle

100+ Head-Fier
I'm just wondering if anyone has had the experience of getting some electronics that has been in contact with water repaired? I got it out the water, stopped it and let it dry but with the batteries inside like a dumbass
frown.gif

now the lens looks fine but when I plug the ac the light is flashing like it's recharching the batteries even though they've been removed. I hope it's fixable and it won't cost more than I paid for it...
I went back to an other pcdp I had and I was so used to the sound of the sony d-e905 that the other is almost unbearable to listen to! If I can't get it repaired, does anyone have a suggestion on what would sound as good as the d-e905 (has to be portable) but would be easier to find used?

Jan 4, 2008 at 8:18 AM Post #2 of 5
That was God's little way of telling you to get with the times and get an iMod with lossless files. Just kiddin, but I find if something still doesnt work after drying thats fallen in water, youre probably outta luck...feel free to move in and tell me Im wrong anytime here guys.

Jan 4, 2008 at 8:42 AM Post #3 of 5
Same happened with my Samsung camera. Only thing that ever survived a bath were my Sony IEM's (forgot the type) when I was 16. Then again, my Walkman survived too
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2008 at 9:35 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was God's little way of telling you to get with the times and get an iMod with lossless files.

You're probably right, although I wish I wouldn't have to pay 500$ for it especially since I'm so goofy I'll probably find a way to break it within a year. I'll still send it for an estimate, that blinking light gives me hope that it's not totally annihilated. I can't wait to see the person's face at the sony store when I tell them I want to repair a 10 yrs old pcdp lol

p.s. if anyone has a d-777 or d-e905 to sell, let me know!

Jan 4, 2008 at 9:37 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Tuttle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
p.s. if anyone has a d-777 or d-e905 to sell, let me know!

Best you put up a WTB ad in the Source Component sale forums in that case.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back